The yard was to build a few notable passenger ferries for the company that ended up being called Caledonian MacBryne or Cal-Mac for short.
The priciple ferry company in Scotland serving the many and varied Islands that are mostly dotted around the west coast of Scotland.
The first vessel built in the Leith shipyards of Henry Robb for the company at the time known as Macbrynes (1928) Ltd and she was called the LOCHSHIEL described as a Motor Cargo Vessel at the time, she was launched from the yard in 1929.
It was many years before the yard was once more in favour with Scotlands main Ferry Company, and it would have to wait until 1974 before winning an order for a passenger/vehicle ferry for use in the Scottish Islands.
The M.V.PIONEER (Ship No 515) built for the then called Scottish Transport Group to be followed by the M.V.CLAYMORE (Ship No 522) built for the by then called Caledonian MacBrayne Company.
To be continued.